Skip to content
- employers shall authorize and permit all employees to take rest periods [IWC 12-80]
- which insofar as practicable shall be in the middle of each work period
- 10 minutes per 4 hours of work time or fraction thereof
- swimmers, dancers, skaters, and other performers engaged in strenuous physical activities shall have additional interim rest periods during times of actual rehearsal or shooting
- all working employees shall be provided with suitable seats when the nature of the work reasonably permits the use of seats
- rest and recreation time mandated by Title 8 for minors assumes that minors will work a full day; it is not necessary to “hold” minors when work is finished in order to ensure the full rest and recreation time.
- a safe and secure place for minors to rest and play must be provided by Producer (SAG Agreement)