GENERAL INFORMATION (see below)
- a minor must be provided with at least 3 hours of schooling per day while minor’s school is in session [Education Code, Sec. 48224]
- children in grades 1-6 must be instructed between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.; grades 7-12 must be instructed between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. [Education Code, Sec. 48225.5]
- schools are to provide schoolwork for the student whether on a short-term or long-term engagement [Los Angeles Board of Education, Bulletin M-95, 8/30/99]
- assignments are to cover days of absence from school [Los Angeles Board of Education, Bulletin M-95]
- long-term productions in excess of two days may enroll pupil in independent study [Los Angeles Board of Education, Bulletin M-95]
- Independent Study is permissible by State Law Educ. Code Sec. 51745- 46 and Administrative Code, Title 5, Sec. 11700-11703.
- no one shall be allowed in an area utilized by the producer as a school facility except the teacher and the minors being taught (SAG Agreement)