Finding a Studio Teacher

If you are using a minor in your production, you must hire a licensed Studio Teacher.

A Studio Teacher is required year-round, on school days and weekends, for a paid or unpaid job, for principal or background actors, and for an hour or all day.

For a list of Union Studio Teachers (who can also work on non-Union productions), click here:

If you want to be sure that the Studio Teacher you are hiring is, in fact, a Studio Teacher, please search their name in the following database:

If they are not listed there, they do not have a valid Studio Teacher license and you can’t hire them.